Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Clinically Depressed Mix

Friends,

Not sure what to write or how to describe this new mix. I never thought I would have a playlist so down and dark. I'm not depressed but it's the only way to describe the tone. While the music this entry is really outside the realm of my normal listening, nonetheless it is stellar. Many of the bands I would say I'm not a huge fan of, but the songs I've selected I can't stop listening too. I'm gonna lay off the individual track descriptions simply because a few bands I really don't know that much about, or they don't really light my fire outside a song or two.  The one band I will highlight for one sec is the Black Keys. I have to touch on them for a moment.

I have been hearing about these guys through certain channels for several years now. I think they really ran a grass roots campaign and finally blew up. I basically first heard about them through their festival performances. I heard over and over, "The Black Keys stole the show/weekend". They also opened up for some big name bands like Pearl Jam and Radiohead.  I've since been a casual fan. They have a ton of albums and all of them are good. I will be posting some of their older stuff that I like soon.

On this list is the song "These Days". This is the song that completely sold me on these guys. I finally "got it" you could say. I thinks its funny coming from a band that can really rock out that I find their best work is a slow song (Unusual for me). The song has so much soul its sickening. I could go on but I'll let the music speak for itself. I hope you enjoy this playlist, I have been rocking it hard lately.

Clinically Depressed Mix

1)   Bon Iver - Minnesota, Wi
2)   Band of Horses - The Funeral
3)   Black Keys - These Days
4)   Dead Confederate - The Rat
5)   The Tallest Man on Earth - The Dreamer
6)   Ryan Adams - Oh My Sweet Caroline
7)   Tedeschi Trucks Band - Midnight in Harlem
8)   Neil Young - Cowgirl in the Sand
9)   Modest Mouse - Satellite Skin
10) Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
11) Black Keys - All You Ever Wanted
12) Radiohead - Paranoid Android
13) Deer Tick - Standing on the Threshold
14) Old 97's - Let the Whiskey Take the Reins
15) Ryan Bingham - The Weary Kind


LINK 

No comments:

Post a Comment